- I’m a 40-something mum to two boys, wife to hubby, fur-mama to Sasha the cat and Angus the dog. We live in the Wellington area of New Zealand – although I am a Cantabrian through and through.
- I work 30 hours a week for an organisation that I truly believe does important stuff: Volunteer Service Abroad. My role here is Executive Assistant to the CEO. She likes to think I keep her organised.
- I love watching my boys play rugby – and while the rest of the family backs the Hurricanes, I’m a Crusader first – but will back the yellow and black as long as they’re not playing Canterbury!
- The All Blacks are my team too. Especially Richie McCaw. (Yes, I know he’s hung up his boots, but, well, he’s Richie.)
- I’ve become a cricket-mum in the past year. Learning the intricacies of when a run is not a run because it’s a no-ball.
- I have a paper addiction that goes back to when I realised my favourite space in any workplace is the stationery cupboard.
- I’ve been scrapbooking even before I knew what it was – but definitely enjoy using the pretty papers and doodads having learnt scrapbooking was a *thing* close on nine years ago. When I went back to work I found I had not enough time to do all the scrapbooking I wanted to do – and almost gave it up. Enter my foray into Project Life (aka PL).
- I have at least three albums that need to have “their gaps filled” – but as my philosophy is any story or photo documented is better than none, those gaps may never actually get filled.
- 2014 was the year I actually created a full PL album.
- I create cards too. Often well after they should have been sent.
- I love to create awesome family photos. Thank goodness I have a half decent camera that does much of the work for me. I am learning and have quite a few fairly good ones.
- I love to read but don’t do it often enough any more.
- I make a dutch apple tart better than my dutch mother-in-law. But shhhh, Hubby said I mustn’t tell anyone!
Hopefully friends and family, new and old, will see what we’re up to – and keep in touch.