It’s that time of week already – again! – and I realised I got so sick of waiting for dial-up that I haven’t posted for the best part of that week. And what better way to get back into the swing of things (seeing as the new bill-month at Telecom FINALLY came around!) than to join in a quick Wooo Hooot round up of things. As always, thanks for Janine for kick-starting us with the positive stuff.
- I have broadband again… YAY!!! Hubby: you need to check with me before downloading bandwith hungry items…. OK?!!
- Getting the chance to go over to Janine’s and meet some crafty pals at her Stampin Up party. Getting to meet the lovely Sarah in person having admired the cards she makes for a wee while now. You can see the card we made as the make and take here. I loved learning the “thumping” technique and how to make a bow using scraps of ribbon…. so cool!
- Getting another assignement in to the Open Poly. And speaking to my tutor today. She was very lovely – calling me in response to a message I had sent her. She wanted to let me know that I was still on track to complete the course and that a couple of setbacks I’ve had would not stop me from completing. The total reassurance and support she has given me have put in an extra layer of confidence that I am going to get through the material in time. Wooohooo!
- Taking just a bit of time to put together a quick page for Mr 4’s kid’s album…. the one started way back in March a la Nic Howard.
- Having broadband back so that I can load a couple of extra layouts done a couple of weeks ago now at the crop organised by Joh.
This layout I’m using to cover my bases at the SketchBook NZ BOM prompts – one of them this month was to do a page regarding your favourite food. Well, this great place in Wellington (which is apparently just 8 weeks into its life) has got the best in the current cupcake trend. So, it’s my favourite treat place right now. Yum!!
And this layout was the one that I was meant to do for the Number 50 challenge at NZ Dares… but wasn’t able to do it in the time frame. Beverley kindly helped notch it up a level by giving me the fantastic background paper – thanks Beverley! And Janine let me play with her glimmermist which I used on my title… awesome stuff ( think I need some of my own….) There’s more journalling on that tag that you can pull out from the back.
- Sunday was truly gorgeous – it was sunny for a start. We took the Mr’s down to a local big park and discovered they have installed a bike park. It’s a road-marked “road way” complete with give ways, roundabouts, train crossing and speed bumps. I think every kid with wheels was down there enjoying it! The Mr’s certainly did – so I am pleased that we are finally getting a tow-bar put on the car next month and will be getting a bike rack. Yep, the bikes are now too big to all go in the back of the car. 😯
- And finally, I got to have coffee this morning with a friend that I haven’t seen in a while. What could be better than spending time with a good friend?