Yes, the title is from the movie of the same name. Hannah and Janine put up four prompts at Scrapbook Essentials for the month for our Book of Me albums. Some girls have done all four, but I have done just this page. The concept behind the Bucket List is pretty much the same as in the movie: to list five things we want to have done before we shuffle off our mortal coils.
It’s taken me pretty much the whole month to think abut this, because there are a lot of things on my mental To Do list. Some of them are as simple as ensuring I don’t eat all of my easter eggs in one go today.
The interesting thing that I noted as I was making my list, pretty much all of them involve travel of some kind. I wonder if this is because I’ve always had the travel bug, or if there is some other reason I’m not aware of. Some things that didn’t quite make the “Top 5” are to see parts of New Zealand I haven’t been to; to go to Waitangi on Waitangi day; to visit family and friends overseas and spend time with them; to climb Mt Everest. Actually – that last one – that’s not on any list of mine at all! 😆 What is on my list:
- Take Mr 6 (and of course Mr 4) back to Belgium as this was his birthplace. Show him around where we lived etc. And while we’re there, explore a bit more of the places where his Oma and Opa lived.
- To go to Gallipoli on ANZAC Day.
- To see and explore parts of Europe that I missed the first time around. Like Prague – where we were scheduled to go to for Hubby’s work but that conference got transferred because of their extremely severe flooding. Like the Alhambra – where we tried to visit but didn’t know that you had to be in before a certain time because visitor numbers are limited! Like Scotland, or other places in England. Like the whole rest of Italy. Like the rest of Spain. Like Greece.
- To take the boys to Disney. In the US.
- To Be Happy. Which actually hides a lot of things in a simple statement.