Smiley Saturday is Lightening’s brainchild and you can see here what it is all about. Feel free to peruse the other Smiley Saturday’s – or even join in too.
Today is wet and grey looking. A bit of a shock after the absolutely positively superb weather we have had for ages and ages now. But it not cold… definitely able to smile about that.
So this week’s Smiles are pretty straightforward:
- Going to SplitEnz with Widdleshamrock on Tuesday night. (I did see on the news headlines that their NZ-wide tour started in Auckland last night. Nevermind the fact that they had played already in Christchurch and Wellington. I was about to rant about the usual perception from Auckland about where exactly NZ begins and ends… except I also know I have many good cyber buddies who happen to be Aucklanders – and they at least know better!)
- Having Little Bro and his girlfriend staying for a few days. When the weather was so amazing they could not believe they were here in Wellington. Meh, it’s like that here all the time!
- Watching the “Big Game” last night – and watching of course the best team win. That particular clash is always fraught in this household. Hubby is still in the misguided belief the Crusaders are the 2nd best team in the competition. And after last night: “He-heh” (a la Bart Simpson and friends) is all I have to say on the matter… out loud anyways!
- Finding I still have chocolate left from last weekend. Wooo-hoooo!
- Finding I have some time to myself while Hubby watches the 7s and the Mr’s are playing with new guns (there were no light sabres left at the $2 shop!). I might just do a spot of creating….
- And going to dinner and a movie – or something like that – with the Shamrocks. And Anja – we haven’t warned the authorities yet. Would be nice to have a bite before they’re on to us!!
So, tell me – what are YOU smiling about?
Smiley Saturday is the brainchild of LighteningOnline and make sure you hook her up if you take part as she likes a good smile.
This week’s Smiley Saturday bits and bobs are from the fairly mundane and ordinary pile. But in some ways, I think they are the ones that need to be noted more often than they might be.
- Mr 3 is really enjoying his swimming. At his big brother’s lesson after school he decides to he wants to go as well. He’s on his own in the kiddy pool and he is going for it on the surfboard. Such a turnaround.
- Montheiths Summer Ale is on special at the supermarket – it’s a nice drop so I include some in the grocery shop.
- Mr 6 is still practising his keyboard lessons without being reminded too much
- Both Mr’s are enjoying the company of their Uncle D. Mr 6 in particular is intrigued that Uncle D’s cellphone (a blackberry) is able to get Google Earth on it and we can see our own house: he’s just been learning about maps and Google in “Topic” at school.
- The eggs I bought from our local friendly supplier are indeed super fresh. And they were cleaned for me before I picked them up. Mr Shamrock is very kind to me!
- Getting more blog bling from galpal Widdleshamrock: I love to have the current bling on board!
Other wonderful women of the web that I nominate are Mummymoo, Yvette and Vicki
Those that I can’t do without on a daily dose (or as frequently as they update!) would be Hannah Honeybumble, and Trina
And two AbFab bloggers are Beverley and Janine aka Angelgurl
Share the love as you see fit
Hope you are enjoying your weekend!
Smiley Saturday is brought to you by LighteningOnline. It’s a neat concept to acknowledge what made you smile this week – and perhaps make someone else smile too.
So, a little rundown on the things that made me smile this week:
- Time spent de-stressing and relaxing with friends. This was achieved on Tuesday night with the aid of Nutrimetics and the lovely Teenage Shamrock and her mum Widdleshamrock. We all got to head off to our happy places and be reminded of how to relax. Plus I got the best ever neck warmer bag thing. WS: you NEED to get a microwave!!
- Joining in a car rally today to celebrate B’s “9th” birthday (B= he who is a leap year kid). Donna did a great job at organising it and it was a lot of fun. Despite the rain.
- Watching Mr 3 in the Kindy sandpit. That’s where I’ve found him at pick up time everyday this week. Being busy busy with his little mates.
- Seeing the enthusiasm Mr 6 has for all things rugby at the moment. We bit the bullet and registered him at the same rugby club as one of his school mates. Included at registration were the club socks, shorts and mouthguard. All of which got put on the moment he could and I swear he would have worn to bed if he could!
- Up until today, the continuing fantastic summer weather (sorry to you farmers out there! I am a selfish so and so on this one)
- Re-enrolling in my last 2 papers for the Legal Executive Cert even though I wasn’t so sure I could handle two papers this year. Over the week, I’ve come to realise that I am capable of doing it, and I will know at the end of the year, I have really achieved something big-ish that I set out to to.
- The six Marshmellow easter eggs consumed over the last two days. Well, OK, so they only made me feel seriously happy for the 30 seconds it took to devour each one and now I need to get to the gym just one more time to deal to them. But that’s another story… and I think I’m going to have the last one now. Good night!